Welcome to First Saturday Lime! The First Saturday Lime website and platform is an extension of Jacobs Farms LLC, a third-generation family owned and operated company with over 50 years of success. Their work, including this website and platform, are dedicated to promoting the benefits of their unique hydrated lime. Further, improving the lives today and future generations via organic, effective, and responsible pest control, garden soil enhancement for healthy foods, and safeguards for people, animals and our earth. This includes the promotion and sale of a timeless, enhanced, and an often overlooked mineral: First Saturday’s lime. First Saturday Lime brings together beginners, experts, animal caretakers, products, homeowners, renters and eco-friend enthusiasts. Through First Saturday Lime, people can obtain and exchange, ideas, information, products, and services related to the best care of gardens, homes, barns, kennel, and much more.
Why All the Fine Print?
1. Collection of Information.
We collect information (i) from you directly; (ii) from third parties, and (iii) automatically when you use our Site.
In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the First Saturday Lime Website, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on the Site. If you do, profile information such as your name, username, current interests and projects, demographic information, and any photos you provide may be displayed publicly on the social network. You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your First Saturday Lime profile by going to your account and profile settings. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at email@example.com. You have an obligation to provide us accurate information.
- Public Content: We collect and store the information that you post to the Site, including your photos, comments, ideas (but give you credit), and profile information.
- Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Site or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication (including call recordings).
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information. We collect and may store information about your use of the Site (including our mobile applications), such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us about your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Linked Networks and Contacts. If you elect to connect your First Saturday Lime profile to a social network or online platform like Facebook or Google, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contacts with First Saturday Lime. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may send notices informing your contacts you have joined First Saturday Lime so that you and your contacts can find and follow each other on the First Saturday Lime Website. You also will be connected within the Site as followers of each other, and you can learn more about people you know in common on the Site. You can adjust permission for users to follow your profile in the advanced settings of your profile.
2. Use of Information.
In addition, we use the information we collect to better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services, respond to user desires and preferences, develop additional products and services, and for other research and analytical purposes. From time to time, we may also offer contests or promotions, and will use the information we collect to administer such contests, promotions and surveys, to analyze the results for research purposes, and to comply with legal requirements related to such contests and promotions.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. However, any information that you share publicly through your profile is available to third party users of and visitors to the Site; we cannot control such third parties’ use or further disclosure of your information. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties generally fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, e-commerce partners, and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, process your payments, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in de-identified or aggregate form, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and other businesses. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product. Business or professionals that participate on the First Saturday Lime Platform may also access usage data associated with your public profile. For example, a business can see that you, as identified by your public profile username, any profile photo, and any other publicly displayed profile identifiers (but not identified by your email or non-public account information).
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on the Site (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of the First Saturday Lime Website. The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, and profile information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we believe that such investigation or disclosure is (a) necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
4. First Saturday Lime Communications
When you join the First Saturday Lime Website by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service you will receive the First Saturday Lime newsletter about the offerings and features on the Site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of the First Saturday Lime community. We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. However, you may opt out entirely of receiving any text messages – promotional, transactional or otherwise – from us.
Additionally, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the Site, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the Site. If you don’t want third parties to see such information, you should not post it to your profile or the Site.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may opt-out of tracking by third parties for certain advertising purposes (as discussed) which can help you control targeted advertising by third-parties that track your activities across sites. It may be possible to disable certain Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
6. Third Party Advertising.
As noted, we work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, including Facebook, Google, and others (both Facebook and Google offer additional ways to opt out of certain advertising activities, and maintain their own privacy policies that address their interest-based advertising services). We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Site.
You can also manage many opt-out of receiving behaviorally-targeted ads from many companies via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the respective opt out pages noted above, will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or you subsequently delete your cookies, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the websites listed above.
7. Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets.
8. Third Party Profile Pages and Websites.
9. Choice and Access to Your Personal Information.
10. Account Termination and Data Retention.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
13. International Transfers of Personal Information.
The First Saturday Lime group is an organization, headquartered in the United States, with service providers, affiliates and operations in several countries. Your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States (or any other country where we, our affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and service providers operate) and processed there. Data protection laws differ among jurisdictions; and the United States and these other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your jurisdiction of residence. You understand that your information may be stored in or accessed from the United States and these other jurisdictions. You understand that, law enforcement agencies in the United States and these other jurisdictions may access and use your information for the purposes of investigation and law enforcement. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer and use of your information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions, as set forth in this paragraph.
14. Links to Other Sites.
Last Updated May 24, 2017